Friday, June 18, 2010

Tools of the trade







First things first....a functional work table, idea / project books, rotary cutter and we're good to go! It reminds me of the huge cutting table that my mom had when I was growing up. It was a sheet of plywood or perhaps particle wood on a large base. She used to let me cut out patterns---she was brave to give me a pair of scissors with that thin paper! I diligently stayed right on the black line---such a feeling of accomplishment. When I think of this cutting table, I'm reminded of the "if you build it, they will come" ---- because now that I have a place that functions properly, it's much easier to be productive. Have you experienced that, too? Idea books, magazines, tutorials by all the great and talented bloggers [you know who you are!!] keep me busy & trying to figure out which project to start first. Usually the instant gratification project wins out!

Still cutting out after all these years.....Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment